To apply for the 2022-2023 school year, your child must currently be in the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade.
ABOUT APPLYING FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
What is Emblaze Academy?
Emblaze Academy is a middle school charter school that first opened its doors in August 2018. We are located at 1164 Garrison Avenue, Bronx, NY 10474. For the current 2022-2023 school year, we have students enrolled in 5th through 8th grade. Our first graduating class was in the 2021-2022 school year.
How do I enroll my child(ren) at Emblaze Academy?
Emblaze Academy is an open enrollment school and does not require any action beyond the submission of an application on the part of potential students or their families.
What is the admission process?
A charter school must use a lottery if more students apply for admission to the charter school than can be admitted. A random, public lottery will be held on April 10, 2023 to determine our admissions for Emblaze Academy in the following school year.
The cutoff for 5th grade and 6th grade enrollment applications that enter the lottery is midnight EST on April 9, 2023.
What is the daily schedule?
From Monday through Thursday, the school day starts at 7:30am and ends at 3:30pm. On Friday, the school day starts at 7:30am and ends at 12:27pm.
When does the school year begin?
There is mandatory half-day orientations for all 5-8 students from September 6-September 9, 2022. The first full day of school is Monday, September, 12 2022.
What does the extended day at Emblaze Academy look like?
The more time in the day gives each student an extra 270 minutes of intervention in ELA & Math each week; students also have an elective program for the last 35 minutes of each day from Monday through Thursday. On Friday, students have Community Circle celebrations, advisories, and Fun Friday games. Students also have Enrichment every day.
What is the uniform policy?
- Light blue collared, button up shirt with Emblaze Academy logo (Emblaze Academy will provide two uniform shirts: short sleeve and long sleeve)
- Shirt must be tucked in at all times
- Only black, white, or gray undershirts are allowed (short or long-sleeved)
- Any student that earns more than 100SD can wear an Emblaze Academy homeroom or college t-shirt on Fridays, but uniform pants must still be worn.
- Gray Emblaze Academy cardigans/sweatshirts during Winter season
- Navy blue pants (no shorts)
- Must have belt loops
- Must be worn at waist level
- No side pockets/no cargo pants
- No visible logos, patchwork, or rips/frayed detail
- No denim, spandex, or corduroy material
- Fit must not be too tight or too loose
- Solid Black or Dark Brown belt only (no studs or designs; standard buckles only)
- Solid Navy-blue skirts only (no patterns)
- Must be to knee length
- No slits above fingertip length
- Shirt must be tucked in at all times
- Optional: If worn, tights must be black, gray, beige, or navy under skirt; tights must be solid, with no holes or patterns
- Socks must be worn at all times
- All black sneakers only
- Sneakers must have shoelaces
- No flip flops, slippers, slip-ons or slides allowed (including Crocs, Toms, Uggs, or loafers)
- No hats, sweatbands, or head coverings/scarves (unless for cultural/religious reasons)
- No headbands, large trinkets on hair
- Piercings: Only stud earrings are allowed for safety reasons (No hoops–Students have PE and elective clubs every day)
- Other jewelry: Necklaces must be small enough to be tucked into the uniform shirt during PE and elective clubs
Permanent/Non-Permanent Tattoos: No designs of any kind on the face or body
- Students can wear any outdoor clothing of their choosing (rain boots, snow boots, scarves, sweater) to school, but all non- Emblaze Academy outerwear must be stored in backpacks or closets during the school day
- Students must change into uniform sneakers upon arrival to the school building
- Upon exiting the school, students can change into rain or snow boots
still have questions?
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.